Agile software development is a group of software development methods in which requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams. It promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development, early delivery, continuous improvement and encourages rapid and flexible response to change
Agile Testing Interview Questions are designed to test your knowledge of agile principles and testing practices.
We put together a list of 50 most typical interview questions for Agile. It is always a good idea to think about good answers before your interview. Although you won’t remember most of the answers you prepare upfront, it will help you to calm down and feel more confident in an interview.
Agile Interview Questions
1. What is Agile and What are the benefits of Agile Software development?
2. What is a Sprint ?
3. What is a Test stub ?
4. What is a Test-Driven Development (TDD) ?
5. What is a story board ?
6. What is a Release candidate ?
7. What is Re-factoring ?
8. What is an epic ?
9. What is the Agile manifesto?
10. In what does the agile testing(development) methodology differs from the other testing (development) methodologies?
11. Can agile methodology be applied also in other than software testing and development projects?
12. Are you able to name five main characteristics of agile methodology from your point of view?
13. Describe a case where you personally used the agile methodology (or was a part of a team which used it).
14. What are some of the key features of agile development?
15. How do you know that you are using agile development?
16. In agile practice, what does the daily stand up meetings entail?
17. What’s the benefit of using Agile over conventional Waterfall methodology for developing software?
18. What are the different meetings in Agile? What is purpose of Release Planning, Sprint Planning meetings, Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, Retrospection?
19. How you do Estimation in Agile? How to estimate using Planning Poker?
20. What is Continuous Integration and why it is important for Agile? What are the software/tools available for the same?
21. What is difference between Product backlog & Sprint Backlog?
22. What is difference between Epic, User stories & Tasks? Who should create User stories & Task?
23. What do you mean by Iterative and Incremental Development in Agile?
24. What is Burn-Down or Burn-Up Chart in Agile?
25. What do you mean by Velocity in Agile?
26. What does Task board indicates in Agile?
27. How long were the iterations (or sprints) on the projects you worked on?
28. Did you use automated test tools on your projects? Explain how that worked.
29. Have you done continuous integration on a project before? Describe.
30. Did your iterations overlap? For instance, were the testers still testing Iteration 6 while Iteration 5 was being designed/developed?
31. Have you used story cards or use cases? Explain how that worked for the team
32. How did you manage traceability of the requirements to testing?
33. How comfortable are you with ever-changing requirements?
34. What project management tools were used on your project?
35. As a tester what should be your approach when requirements change continuously?
36. List out the pros and cons of exploratory testing (used in Agile) and scripted testing?
37. Explain the difference between Extreme programming and Scrum?
38. Explain how you can measure the velocity of the sprint with varying team capacity?
39. Explain what is Spike and Zero sprint in Agile? What is the purpose of it?
40. Explain in Agile, burn-up and burn-down chart?
41. Explain what is Scrum ban?
42. Explain what is tracer bullet?
43. What is story points/efforts/ scales?
44. What are the differences between RUP (Rational Unified Process) and Scrum
45. Why Continuous Integration is important for Agile?
46. What testing is done during Agile?
47. What challenges is a tester faced with in an agile environment and how would you
deal with them?
48. How do you handle changing or poorly defined requirements?
49. How do you deal with a defect you raised that keeps bouncing back and forth between development and test?
50. If you get to decide, when would you say a feature is ready to be released?