Automation Testing – Interview Questions
1. What is Automation life cycle
2. How did you use automating testing tools in your job?
3. What are main benefits of test automation?
4. Can test automation improve test effectiveness?
5. What is your Automation Testframe work
6. How to estimate a test automation project from scratch? or What is the base for estimating
test automation projects?
7. Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool?
8. What types of scripting techniques for test automation do you know?
9. What are principles of good testing scripts for automation?
10. What Naming Convention have you followed while naming your Automated Test Scripts?
11. What could go wrong with test automation?
12. What is the difference between GUI checkpoint and synchronization?
13. Describe common problems of test automation.
14. What are the limitations of automating software testing?
15. What are the main attributes of test automation?
16. What automating testing tools are you familiar with?
17. How do you plan test automation?
18. What is data – driven automation?
19. What is Keyword-Driven automation?
20. Does automation replace manual testing?
21. Why is it important to improve a test automation process?
22. Why isn’t automation the answer to the software-testing problem?
23. How will you choose a tool for test automation?
24. Identify the tools that can be used for the management of testing process.
25. What testing activities you may want to automate?
26. Identify the tools that you can use for source code testing without executing it.
27. What types of bugs is automation good at detecting?
28. Describe common problems of test automation.
29. What types of scripting techniques for test automation do you know?
30. What are principles of good testing scripts for automation?
31. Can the activities of test case design be automated?
32. What are the limitations of automating software testing?
33. Why an automation tool should allow test cases to be executed individually, as a group, or in a predefined sequence?
34. What skills needed to be a good software test automator?
35. How to find that tools work well with your existing system?
36. What is the role of testing frameworks and automated scripts in refactoring?
37. What are some of the common misconceptions during implementation of automated testing tools for the first time?
38. What are the advantages and disadvantages of early test automation, that is, for the first release of a product?
39. When do we use custom checkpoints?
40. What is the difference between GUI MAP and GUI MAP File?
41. When do we use breakpoints?
42. What is the purpose of the input parameters?
43. How can you make a checkpoint flexible?
44. How many ways we have to set checkpoints?
45. How do you determine whether a test failed or passed?
46. Why Automation testing?
47. What are the Risks associated in Automation Testing?
48. What are the pre-requisites to start automation testing?
49. What are the differences between open source tools, vendor tools, and in-house tools?
50. What is Static Analyzer?