As a software tester /Quality Assurance (QA) the person should have certain qualities like observant, creative, innovative, quick learner, attention to detail, etc.
It is important when you opt for Software Testing /Quality Assurance (QA) postiion, it is an accepted fact that the job is going to be critical and important. Whether you are a fresher or experienced, there are certain questions, to which answers you should know.
Software Testing Interview questions that are very important from the point of view of a candidate applying for the post of Quality Assurance (QA)/Software Testers.
Software Testing Interview Questions
1. What is severity and priority of bug? Give some example.
2. What is the difference between the QA and software testing?
3. What is the difference between build and release?
4. What is data driven testing?
5. Mention the different types of software testing?
6. What is Test case?
7. What is the strategy for Automation Test Plan?
8. What are the tools used by a tester while testing?
9. Explain stress testing, load testing and volume testing?
10. What is a ‘USE’ case and what does it include?
11. What is configuration management?
12. What is load testing and give some examples of it?
13. What is the difference between Functional and Non-functional testing?
14. Can you explain TPA analysis?
15. Can you explain boundary value analysis?
16. Can you explain equivalence partitioning?
17. What is negative and positive testing?
18. Can you explain exploratory testing?
19. Can you explain decision tables?
20. Different Software Testing Estimation Techniques
21. Testing? Why do performance testing?
22. Types of Performance Testing
23. What are Top Performance Testing Tools
24. What is User Acceptance Testing?
25. Security Testing and what are basics terms used in Security Testing
26. How to test your Web Applications?
27. Suggest any three tools for testing in your test environment, if you are told to adopt
manual testing procedure.
28. If your customer has reported several defects in daily balance report and is not
satisfied since the problem has not been fixed even after a week, what would you do
in such a situation?
29. How would you plan the project that has dynamically changing requirements,
interdependent data coming from many platforms, and shows a big risk in project
30. What is the most challenging situation you have faced during testing?
31. What makes a good QA
32. What are the common problems with software automation?
33. Why you choose automated testing over
34. What is the basis for choosing the SDLC model for developmanual testing?ment of software?
35. How can it be known when to stop testing?
36. What is Bug?
37. What is Defect?
38. What is Test Script?
39. What is Traceability Matrix?
40. What if there isn’t enough time for thorough testing?
41. Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool
42. How testing is proceeded when SRS or any other document is not given?
43. What is the difference between quality assurance and testing?
44. What are the major differences between stress testing,load testing,Volume testing?
45. What is SDLC , Explain Each Phase
46. What is STLC
47. What critical defect found in last project
48. What is batch test, smoke test, ad hoc testing
49. What is your strength and weakness?
50. What is Validation and Verification?
51. What are different approaches to do Integration Testing?
52. What are the categories of defects?
53. What are different types of verifications?
54. Which test cases are written first: white boxes or black boxes?
55. What is Testing Process / Life Cycle?
56. What is full form of CMMI and different level
57. What is Process
58. What is Test Plan?
59. What is Test Scenario?
60. What is difference between Re-Testing and Regression Testing